Application / Project Engineer Automotive FlexiSeals – Parker Hannifin – Boom (Belgium)
Project Engineer with experience in managing automotive projects.
As a member of the Engineering team, you are responsible for the development, validation and pre-production of new projects for the BU automotive high-volume cell. Your first task is to manage a specific project for one of our main customers in Italy and make this a success.
Your duties will be covering the following activities for the Boom location :
- Full project management for first high volume FlexiSeal from initial customer contact (in conjunction with our field sales team) to approved PPAP
- Project management for automotive flexiseals in Boom and in a second stage also for our location in Czech republic
- Translate customer requests and specifications into technical proposals together with the engineering teams in Boom and Bietigheim-Bissingen (Germany)
- Supply first line technical customer support for automotive projects in our BU
- Develop test equipment for prototyping, qualification and validation and manage the testing
- Collaborate with process engineering and quality to launch projects on the high-volume line and prepare for PPAP
- Work with raw material suppliers to ensure material supply with constant and well specified quality in collaboration with our material specialist
- Support the quality, purchase and quotation team allowing them to work out commercial proposals efficiently
- Be a pro-active thinker for continuous improvement in the team
- Ensure good communication and interaction with customers, divisions, engineering team, customer service team, production team, quality team and purchasing team
- Ensure a good communication line between the production location in Boom and the divisional automotive engineering team in Bietigheim-Bissingen
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Master degree, preferably electro-mechanics or machine design
- Broad understanding of automotive terms and systems is a must
- Knowledge of APQP/PPAP process is a must
- Experience in automotive production or design is a plus
- Experience with machine building is a plus
- Experience in use of CAD systems (AutoCAD/Inventor is a plus)
- Good PC skills, ability to work with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of the polymer sealing market is a plus
- Hands-on mentality
- Outstanding language skills in English. Dutch, German or French are a plus
- Good communication skills
- Team player with the skills to work independently on projects
- Good presentation and reporting skills, verbal and written
- Willing to travel for short periods, mainly in Europe
Engineering your success
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than 100 years the company has engineered the success of its customers in a wide range of diversified industrial and aerospace markets. Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to help solve the world’s greatest engineering challenges.
Parker is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on grounds of age, race, religion, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation or disability in relation to recruitment and employment.