Division Process Development Engineer – Bosal
Core member in the product creation process for emission control systems (ECS)
BOSAL is looking to strengthen the team of 6 development engineers. Our process development engineer is a core member in the product creation process for emission control systems (ECS) and reports to the head of process development. In this position you drive standardization of working processes and your create standard tools to develop and validate processes.
BOSAL Emission Control Systems consists of 10 plants and 2 R&D facilities across the globe. The division is mainly focusing on supplying solutions for emission controls, energy management and sound design to OEM customers in the automotive industry. Key customers include global players such as General Motors, Volkswagen group, Suzuki, Nissan, Renault, Ford etc. Through the global spread of the ECS facilities, BOSAL is able to localize global programs more efficiently and deliver customers’ needs for a larger range of products and technologies.
20% – 30% travel to our production plants worldwide is a requirement.
Key areas of responsibilities and accountability
- Ensures feasibility of designs are met, guarantees products can be manufactured.
- Works with the Plants to understand the specific needs of the plant.
- Ensures that BOSAL standards are respected and secured (Health & Safety, Ergonomics, 5S, etc.).
- Responsible for process definition:
- Conduct feasibility (Design for Manufacturing) study from quotation onward
- Deliver flowcharts, cycle time study, conduct VSM
- Propose SMART performance targets for OEE, scrap, SMED, …
- Deliver initial layout and manning, standardized work and times
- Initiate and update PFMEA
- Specify RFQ documents for Tooling and Equipment
- Provide all this inputs to CD&V cost calculation
- Define prototype tool concept definition
- Contribute to PFEP with packaging sheets
- Provide production M-BOM
- Responsible for process validation till handover to plant at run@rate
- Define key process characteristics and perform preliminary capability study.
- Define, Execute and report on acceptance tests at suppliers
- Provide core process technology expertise and participate in Core Competence Team.
- Bachelor or Masters in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Excellent English language skills
- Working knowledge of metal forming
- Certified International Welding Engineer preferred
- Good knowledge of design for six sigma techniques
- Strong analytical thinking capabilities are critical
- Minimum 5 years of experience with manufacturing processes
- Significant experience with metal products OR the automotive industry
BOSAL offers a dynamic and international environment with the character of a Small or Medium Enterprise. The organization structure within BOSAL is flat which makes contact with the management teams accessible and informal. At BOSAL the individual makes the difference. As a result both initiative and a hands-on mentality symbolizes our people.
Besides a unique environment BOSAL offers an interesting remuneration package with multiple additional benefits, flexible working hours and a considerable number of holidays.