Industrial Software Development Engineer – Averna
This job is yours if you want to be a lead industrial software programmer in the development and integration of automated test & measurement systems!
Our engineering team develops a range of custom made inline and offline test and measurement machines to help customers achieve higher product quality, faster time to market, and greater value from their test system.
You are able to learn quickly; have the ability to accomplish tasks under limited supervision; possess a strong attention to detail; have a willingness to work in an organization committed to high quality products and customer service and you have strong developed communication skills to contribute in a project team.
Your contribution in this role:
- Responsible for software development, realization and validation of advanced, complex, and comprehensive automated test solutions.
- Managing software scope, timeline and budget within projects, in consultation with the project manager
- Using clear, concise and meaningful communications, you will be the technical leader for the software engineers within the project team.
- Identifies, defines and mitigates issues, dependencies, and risks related to project.
- Selects software components in function of specifications.
- Executes national & international software interventions independently.
- Delivers sales support by providing concepts and calculations.
- Selects and implements project related hardware.
- Supports activities and initiatives for continuous improvement.
- Develops & performs custom made technical trainings to national and international customers.
- Documents and communicates lessons learned in projects.
- Practices self-development and promotes learning in others by proactively providing information, resources, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers.
The ideal candidate in a few words:
- A Bachelor or Master degree from an accredited engineering or physics program
- 7 or more years of experience in software development for industrial automation and/or automated test solutions.
- Profound knowledge of software programming on PC and PLC platforms.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- Experience in software development in LabVIEW, TestStand, C++, C#, Halcon, Python, Matlab, Beckhoff, Omron PLC, Siemens S7 & TIA is a plus.
- Experience in automation (Pneumatics, electrics and motion systems).
- Experience in robot programming (Epson, ABB, Omron) is a plus.
- Experience in medical validation ( GMP, GAMP, FDA regulation, … ) is a plus.
- Change is not a scary word for you. You thrive in organizations that adapt and evolve
- You jump at the opportunity to work with colleagues on projects
- Strong interpersonal skills. You communicate clearly
- Must have the ability to provide organization, communication and leadership to the local team members from hardware, system and software disciplines
- Ability to take on role of technical leader for specific projects and work with engineers from hardware, system and software disciplines
- You enjoy finding creative solutions to possible problems. You have a strong ownership of responsibilities and you escalate issues when necessary
- Mobility: Up to 30% travel abroad (to customers or other Averna offices).
- Multilingual: Fluent in English, written & spoken
– Only applications from European applicants will be accepted –
At Averna you can be a key player helping global customers produce market-leading high-tech products in sectors like aerospace, automotive, consumer electronics and medical devices. As a member of our team, you will use our solid processes, best practices, state-of-the-art technology, and innovation to ensure customers reach their product quality and market goals.
At Averna, you will be part of an innovative and passionate team enhancing how the world lives, works and communicates! Join us as we strive to be one of the most successful players in the high-tech market.
At Averna you receive a good salary including health insurance, pension plan, car for cash, KPI based bonus.
“Our clients are changing how the world works, travels and communicates. And we’re right there with them – demonstrating the full power and true potential of Test.” – André Gareau, President & CEO
Averna’s European facilities date back to 1998, the year Test & Measurement Solutions – acquired by Averna in March 2016 – was founded. Located in Hasselt since 2011, this large office is in the heart of the EUREGIO, a cross-border region between the Netherlands and Germany that forms a vibrant business community known for many innovative companies and start-ups. Research Campus 8 offers a bright and innovative working space for Averna’s European Headquarters, which feature a vision systems lab and an assembly workshop. There our multidisciplinary engineering teams turn big ideas into technical ingenuity by designing and building complex turnkey test solutions for clients around the world.