Parts & Accessories Development Engineer – Subaru Europe
At Subaru Europe (SE) the Parts & Accessories Development Team takes care of developing Subaru parts & accessories for Subaru Distributors in Europe and CIS countries. From time to time upon consent of mother company Subaru Corporation in Japan (SBR), SE also supplies to Subaru distributors in other areas on the globe.
General Job description
As a member of the development team, he/she will manage each development to be completed before fixed product launch and ensure it is up to specification and of the correct quality.
The main function is keeping the agreed development schedule and maintain the quality and development cost. He/she will contact SBR engineers in Japan to determine required specification and evaluation for accessories, and contact suppliers to proceed development on schedule. He/she will follow the established development procedures and make sure all gates and milestones are met in a timely manner.
He/she will share know-how of development with team member(s). Also he/she will explain products concept, specification and quality to sales team and distributors as a representative of Subaru Europe.
- Internal: Sales team, Purchase team, Service team and Car marketing Team
- External: SBR accessory development department, suppliers and Subaru distributors
Main tasks & responsibilities
– Creating development plan for each accessory:
- Collection of necessary information for new model from SBR;
- Proposing required specification for each accessory;
- Proposing development schedule for each accessory.
– Managing development:
- Keeping development schedule, quality and development cost;
- Seeking improvement for development process (Schedule, cost, quality).
- Development meeting and Installation trial with SBR engineers and suppliers by Webex, business trip to SBR Japan and visit suppliers globally.
– Technical Claim handling:
- Finding solution with SBR and suppliers;
- Follow up with sales and purchase team.
– Seeking new accessories and suppliers;
- Checking market demand and technical trend;
- Finding new accessories and suppliers in accessory show and/or internet;
- Proposing new accessories and suppliers to manager.
– Guide and Train team member(s) ;
- Guide and Train team member(s) for accessory development.
Qualifications and requirements
- Electromechanical engineer (or equal by experience) with at least 3 years of experience in Automotive R&D
- Highly technical and flexible person with a passion for cars and accessories
- Experience with automotive specific processes, procedures and compliances (PPAP, D-FMEA, P-FMEA, IMDS, REACH…)
- Customer comes first’ -mentality
- Solution orientated working style
- Excellent written and spoken language skills in English. Capable of giving presentations in English
- Good computers skills, Excel, Access, Outlook
- Capable of working with CAD-software. Knowledge of CATIA is an asset
- Prepared to short travel within and outside Europe on a regular basis
Subaru Europe offers
A wonderful challenge to prove yourself in a small but dynamic structure that will implement a number of important new tools in the coming months that will give the Subaru brand and dealer network an extra boost.
Ambitious people are given the space at Subaru to develop initiative and find good opportunities for further development and growth. Your effort will be rewarded with a more than competitive package with a solid basic salary, extensive sector-related fringe benefits.
About Subaru Europe
Subaru Europe is responsible for product and service training, trading, market research, marketing and public relations as well as the development, testing and distribution of Subaru genuine parts and accessories across Europe. Headquartered in Zaventem, Belgium, we act as the liaison between Subaru Corporation, the manufacturer of Subaru vehicles in Japan, and Subaru distributors in Europe. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of Subaru Corporation. In addition to automotive, Subaru Corporation also comprises an aerospace division. The cross-fertilization of ideas and new developments ensures that every Subaru vehicle is designed using the utmost expertise.
Our role is to support our European network deliver on Subaru’s commitment to lasting enjoyment and peace of mind. Our ambition is to have more drivers in Europe discover and enjoy the unique thrill of driving our vehicles. Our wish is to see you becoming one of them.