Technical Product Designer SolidWorks – XenomatiX – Leuven
For XenomatiX we are looking for a Technical Product Designer, designing LiDAR-sensors for self-driving cars in SolidWorks
What you'll do...
- Being an experienced product designer, you will create products that turn XenomatiX laser-based technology into products for cars of the future. You will use your creativity and design skills to bring together optical, electronic and mechanical components into products that impress our automotive customers.
- Obviously, you are familiar with CAD-tools and production techniques. You know how to deal with design requirements related to vibrations, optical alignment, thermal stability and system miniaturization.
- You interact with suppliers and you are hands-on to build the first units yourself.
- Occasionally, you will be involved in customer projects and in the integration of your product into test cars.
- You will also work closely together with our research team to build up a good understanding of the technology and to tune system performance.
What you'll need...
- You have been a member of a product development team for at least 5 years, preferably related to optical systems and/or to automotive products.
- You are an experienced SolidWorks user.
- You live at reasonable (driving) distance from Leuven.
- You can work in an independent way, while having the spirit of a team player.
- You can present recommendations and/or products you have designed.
- You are passionate about your professional career and your technical skills.
- You don’t mind traveling and using your product in front of customers anywhere in the world occasionally.
- You have a technical degree, preferably in Applied Sciences, Industrial Sciences or Product Design.
- You want to be part of a growing company where you can easily see the impact of your efforts.
- Great team spirit: we are a motivated, dynamic and committed team, we care about each other and value teamwork.
- We share one common vision: we thrive to contribute to the mobility evolution and build a future where roads are a safer place for everyone
- Entrepreneurial mindset: we never stop learning, we embrace innovation and change
- Growing with us: you become part of a growing company that values and develops its people. You will play a central role to the company development and success. You will have the opportunity to take on different challenges, grow and learn.
- High tech environment full of technical talent
- Remuneration in line with skill set and experience
XenomatiX is the first company to offer true solid-state LiDAR solutions for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving (AD). XenomatiX designs and builds products that enable precise real-time 3D digitization and an understanding of a vehicle’s surroundings, empowering applications that lead to safer and more comfortable vehicles. The company’s next generation LiDAR solutions provide unequalled object detection and tracking, free space detection, road profile measurement and localization capabilities, based on reliable proven technology. XenomatiX constantly improves and invests in its technology to meet the needs of automotive OEMs, Tier 1 manufacturers and integrators and stay ahead of market evolutions and industry requirements. Customers include several of the world's leading car manufacturers, Tier 1 companies and mobility innovators. XenomatiX is based in Belgium with international operations and global industry partnerships.
XenomatiX has a strong focus on results with a well-defined strategic plan and talented colleagues to be part of it.
You will become member of a team of driven, no-nonsense professionals with a strong ambition to bring new optical technology into mass production cars.